Our ride along the French-Belgian border has mainly hovered above 30 degrees. Not great for cycling! But we are learning to adapt…
1. An afternoon siesta under the trees is a must 😴
2. When the village bar refuses to fill your water bottle, the local cemetery is a good bet ⛪️
3. We regret not splashing out on a ‘Da Brim’, but have perfected the ‘Little Bo Peep’ look under helmets 🐑
4. A six pack of cornettos is just about enough for an afternoon ride 🍦
5. Set off before dawn to avoid the midday heat ☀️
6. Never say no to a free evening swim 🏊♀️!